Sunday 17 April 2011

First Hatch of the season



Tomorrow is my birthday, an event in itself that these days isnt celebrated. However it gives one the excuse to indulge yourself.  My indulgence is a day of work and a day by the river.  The river will be the Ure and the hope is the Grannom hatch that was starting a week or more ago is starting to bear fruit.  I have tied some drys as John Roberts excellent book a guide to river trout flies as these have worked for me during previous seasons. I have also tied up some Nymphs based on a couple of flies that were given to me a few years ago. Well based upon my memories of the flies as the originals have long gone.  Basically a gold head PT with a green arse or at least thats how my memory sees it, and the memory worked well enough last year , 



Anyway the weather forecast is good, the river levels are perfect and the hopes are high. So I shall be hoping that the warm weather of the last week has persuaded the fish that the summer is coming and that they need to start to feed...

No comments:

Wykeham lakes Scarborough

 I have just read that the above fishery is going under new management ,  Great news its somewhere that I have fished in the past but my rec...