Monday 23 January 2023

Over and Out....

 

One way and another its been a turbulent few months.  My good friend Peter passing away suddenly was a blow his passing has also meant me picking up the reigns as Secretary of my local club for at least a while . The club will miss him greatly .

Truth is my appetite for writing the blog has been on the wane for a year or two .  Eventually We run out of things to say . I find myself looking at the blog and being less than happy with its content. So I think it is a good time to put it to rest for a while. Perhaps even permanently .  

This year  I am looking forward to membership of a new club which has been a long time waiting, the wait has actually been nearly as long as the blog has existed .  Also I have another  project in mind that will take up any scraps of creative content that my blog would have absorbed ,

So thanks for following along over the years ,  I wont close the blog and feel free to message or comment but I doubt I will be putting new posts.  But I will be checking on it from time to time . Generally I am intending to reduce the time I spend on Social media. It has become to much of a thief of time . 

If you want me the chances are if I aren`t at home or in the office I will be here....





Thanks....


Andy 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read this Andy. You’ve truly entertained us - thank you

Bill Trussell said...

Sorry to see go, I've enjoyed reading your blog over the years----blogging is not what it use to be---thanks for sharing

Neil said...

Andy... Found your blog last year and it really enjoyed you writings with a dram in hand. Get out on our fine Yorkshire streams and joy your self. All the best

Baslowfisher said...

I have really enjoyed your blog over the years, hope to "hear" from you in the not too distant future. Take care.

Urban Fly Fisher said...

Look on it as a pause!

I have always enjoyed your musings - I wish you well!

Becks and Brown Trout said...


Thanks for all your comments
as for more posts Well never say never but well we will see.

Andy

Why Bamboo? because its its a joy, thats why! and they are effective....

 After pretty much a lifetime of fishing and being a fly fisherman for 54 years now I have learned a bit about fly fishing ,  mainly I have ...