Tuesday 18 August 2020

Small Streams, Cane rods and pretty fish


How can i add much to these photos.   This was my Saturday . I had intended to fish elsewhere but a farmer working noisily , together with cattle in the stream put me of and I gravitated back to one of my favourites .  Despite the very low conditions and very spooky trout I managed a few 


Its been a while since I had taken the cane rod out for an outing .  Forgotten how nice it feels with a fish on the end. 



Pretty fish on a pretty stream , simple pleasures 


Its normally 6 inches deeper than this . On a small stream thats a lot...I spooked a lot more than I landed ... a hell of a lot more .


 First time out for the new reel .  It balances the cane very nicely ...perfectly you could say 



 Something very soothing about moving water....



5 comments:

Brk Trt said...

That's what it's all about.
I love it all.

Justin said...

Delightful post Andy. Hopefully Storm Ellen dumped a bit of water up your way to add the river levels.

Bill Trussell said...

An outstanding catch fishing with a vintage fly rod and reel. What weight fly rod and what is the name of the reel? Beautiful area you were fishing thanks for sharing

Becks and Brown Trout said...


Bill the rod is a 6ft 3wt cane built for me about 8 or 9 years ago by Chas Burns in York. The reel is a recent purchase its a Hardy model Perfect . Its a small heavy reel that balance the cane , its all a bit retro.

Andy

The Two Terriers said...


That post was a real pleasure. Thank you. All the best, John

Wykeham lakes Scarborough

 I have just read that the above fishery is going under new management ,  Great news its somewhere that I have fished in the past but my rec...