Tuesday 19 May 2015

More good....



For some reason this last few weeks has seen a surge in popularity of a post I put on last year entitled the good the bad and the ugly .  Well that prompted me to think about  purchases during the last year and one that stands out as been a top purchase has been a Umpqua midge fly box.  This last year I have been using more and more tiny flies . Size 18 to 24 and the fly boxes I had were wholly unsuitable the divisions were too big and the slots were too deep for the combination of tiny flies and fat fingers.  The box is proving to be brilliant for nymphs and all types of dries in those tiny sizes

Umpqua Midge box
For me a tight fisted Yorkshireman it has been money well spent......

No comments:

At last a rising fish

 It has been by all accounts and also by some considerable margin. A depressingly long , wet and miserable winter.  There has been no proper...