Tuesday 27 August 2013

Work and fishing, fishing and work.


Work and Fishing.....

The recent dearth of posts on this ere blog is a result of,... well I am not really sure what its a result of. Certainly not lack of fishing as low levels and baking sunshine permitting there have been a few recent trips . Trips to the Ure , Dove and Derwent have all been productive. But a week spent sunning myself in Spain hasnt helped ,  nor to that matter has the impending start of a new business venture, after 39 years on company payrolls I will at the end of the week be self employed.  I seem to be constantly researching insurance of every type,  I have even bought a car and after 30 years of company cars that was a shock to the system, this together with VAT, accountants and computers has for the time been taken over my waking hours .  



Truth is I have sort of just lost the writing mojo.  I have penned a couple of articles and updates but on re reading them have relegated them to the recycle bin.  I wouldnt have wanted to read them so I shouldnt expect others to enjoy them.  So the blog will just sit here a while, it will be back soon and if by some miracle this Autumn I crack that 2lb Grayling or a big sea trout then it will be back very soon.   Anyway perhaps the impending grayling catches may inspire me...

Tight lines



3 comments:

Android said...

Good luck with the new venture mate. Hope to see you next year on the Monnow.......!!

Mark Kautz said...

Sometimes you just need a break from blogging. We've all done it and apparently this it's your turn. Rest, relax, and when you come back, we'll be here.

Unknown said...

MAY YOU HAVE THE BEST OF LUCK MY FRIEND. IT'S A VERY BRAVE MOVE, BUT KEEP IN TOUCH!

REGARDS.

Wykeham lakes Scarborough

 I have just read that the above fishery is going under new management ,  Great news its somewhere that I have fished in the past but my rec...