Tuesday 10 October 2017

So where in America should I pick



This year I have managed to scratch a couple of itches that have troubled me over the years. Not least wading the flats for bonefish , certainly those few days in Cuba were the highlight of the year.  But there a few real irritations that remain ....

Itch number one are brook trout, I have always been mesmerised by the sheer beauty of those and would love catch one , on a dry in a small stream would be best . 

Itch number 2 is the Arctic Grayling I love grayling fishing and they are becoming a severe irritation as I get older the Arctic species look bigger more fiesty and just so damn pretty.

Itch number 3 is a surprising one for me as in the UK we have rainbow trout here but they always seem like a pale imitation of the ones I see pictured in their native rivers. 

So blog readers if you are from that big place over the pond ( America / Canada ) is there a single destination I should consider where the above trio could be captured????

Hopefully

Becks and Brown trout



3 comments:

George said...

Why dont you scratch itch no2 and come to Graylingland in Finland next year with me, Im planning on heading back again after the successful trip last year.

Becks and Brown Trout said...

George check your email

Andy

Baslowfisher said...

Itch No.3 could be scratched on the Derbyshire Wye where there is a breeding population of rainbow trout.

Wykeham lakes Scarborough

 I have just read that the above fishery is going under new management ,  Great news its somewhere that I have fished in the past but my rec...